DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- To Facilitate Mechanical Engineering research and quality education that contributes to the creation of highly employable engineers for the sustainable Development of society
- The Department is committed to provide quality education, good technical skills, practical skills and knowledge through good infrastructure
- Prepare students with lifelong learning, employment skills, Ethics and Human values
- Prepare students as Successful Entrepreneurs and Professionals
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Express his/her technical knowledge and skills in their career and apply systems perspective, design, analyze, develop, and implement complex mechanical structure
Contributeto the industrial needs as per current developments, societal expectation and necessity of government by applying the engineering skills and knowledge acquired through their engineering studies
Have the ability to recognize the importance of professional development by pursuing higher studies in various specializations and through competitive examinations
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
Apply the knowledge of Industrial Standards to design and analyze the Mechanical Machine elements in various fields using modern computer tools
Have Ability to implement Modern Manufacturing Techniques for the production of Various Mechanical components
Apply the knowledge acquired in the field of Thermal Engineering to solve engineering Problems and practical difficulties to related to thermal equipment and to enhance their Performance
- Department of Mechanical Engineering - Special Labs Wing Organized Hackathon on "Simulation for CNC part Programming" on 11/01/2020
- S.Prabhakar of Final year Mechanical Published Paper in International journal (IJERT).
- R.Mannivanan- AP/Mech Published a Book "Design of Transmission System" for Third Year Mechanical Engineering(2017 regulation).
- Mr. R.Jeswin Kumar, Senior Design Engineer, Siko Aerospace & Defence, Bengaluru conducted one day seminar on “How to crack a job in mechanical core industries”
- Mr. R.Veeraraghavan, Deputy General Manager (Rtd), Ashok Leyland, Hosur conducted a One-day seminar on “Total Quality Management” for all Mechanical students
- Final year mechanical engineering students conducted the various events like Technical Quiz, Group Discussion on “how to Present and Publish the paper in Conferences for III year mechanical students.
- One day seminar on “Understanding and Troubleshooting of Hydraulic System and Fuel Pumps” has been conducted for Third Year mechanical engineering students.
- 163 students participated in Paper Presentations and Workshops at various colleges and Won Prizes
- 44 Students have undergone Internship Training and In-Plant Training in various industries to gain practical knowledge
- ARM – 2K20 A National Level Technical Symposium has been conducted in the college premises
96 students visited Tamil Nadu Co-Operative Milk Producers Union Ltd-Salem and 162 students visited NTC Institute of Driver Training & Research, Keerambur, Namakkal to enhance their technical knowledge